For those coming from out of town, we’ve assembled the following information to help you plan your visit to Montreal.
Montreal is cold in winter, but hot and humid in summer. Happily, the city is designed to make both extremes very livable, with as many restaurant terraces as underground pathways connecting buildings downtown. Check out Montreal weather online for more specifics at the time of your visit.
Ours is a very safe city – you can feel comfortable moving about town. The Montreal bus and metro (subway) system is cost effective and clean. Our legendary Bixi bike system is a fun way to get about and see the city in spring summer and fall.
If you are flying into Montreal, we suggest you take a taxi from the airport ($38.00) and enjoy the city on foot. If you need to have a car, all the major car rental agencies can be of service. There is also a city bus and airport shuttle from the airport that goes through the downtown core.
There are no hotels in the immediate vicinity of Shri Yoga, but the Tourism Montreal website can help you select the right accommodations. The following is a short list of affordable options a short distance from us:
- Hotel du Fort – 1390 rue du Fort, 1-800-565-6333
- Clarion Hotel and Suites, 2100 de Maisonneuve West, 1-800-361-719
- Bons Matins: Bed & Breakfast, 1393 Argyle Ave, 514-931-9167
- Women’s YMCA, 1355 boul. René Levesque W, 514-866-9943
- Solin Hall – McGill University off-campus residences available May 1 to August 15, 3510 Lionel-Groulx Ave.
- Aux Marguerites – Apartment Rental at 93 rue Ste. Marguerite, 514-934-9202; email@example.com